16 August 2010

Eating figs instead of blogging

I haven't been writing many blog posts lately because it is summer, it is nice outside, and because the figs are in season. Fresh figs are really sticky and juicy and there is no neat way to eat them. It is necessary to get fig juice all over your hands and then have it drip down your arms and drip off your elbows. That's just the way it is. Which makes it really hard to type on a keyboard and get a blog post written. So, I just want to say that I'm not blogging right now...but it is not because something untoward has happened. Quite the opposite actually. There are figs to be eaten, and that's what I'm doing with my time. Bliss!

I hope y'all are doing something equally or even more delicious with your time!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ummm, sounds good! I never tried fresh figs. I had some in my yard when I was married to my other husband but I just let the birds get them.
Enjoy!
And when you're through, get back to writing. :)
Susan P. B.

Gabriella said...

Fresh figs are awesome...as long as they are picked when perfectly ripe (when they are really squishy) and eaten immediately. Strangely, they also taste great eaten with a cup of coffee.

You know they are ripe when the bees start buzzing around them.

Now, back to writing. I left my main character handcuffed in the back of a police detective's car...and it looks like the lunch she ate earlier is about to make a reappearance!